• The prices of essential food commodities were generally stable during April.
• Low agricultural production and high prices in global food markets will increase the import bill.
• The oil revenue for Iraq during April was USD10.5 billion while it was USD 11 billion during March 2022: Highest in 50 years.
• Stalemate in post-election formation of a government is resulting in multiple challenges including access to financial resources.
• An Emergency Food Security Law was drafted to support Food Security, Development, Financial Precaution and Poverty Alleviation in the country. It was initially rejected and awaits a second reading in the Council of Representatives.