These Field Reports are prepared by the field staff of UNAMI’s Development Support Office (DSO), who are based in Iraq’s governorates, where they coordinate with local government officials, NGOs, community groups, and other development actors. They also monitor socio-economic and development trends to improve the UN’s understanding of events in Iraq.
1. Basra — Gas Flaring Harms Public Health and Environment - (1)
2. North-Central Iraq – The Revival of Rail Transport - (2)
3. Muthanna — Natural Landmark on the Verge of Disappearing - (3)
4. Thi-Qar – Fighting Desertification - (4)
5. New Potato Varieties Ready to Hit the Kurdistan Market in 2022 - (6)
6. Kirkuk — Ramadan Celebrations - (7)