Under general guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM)/DCOM and the overall supervision of Migration Health Head of Unit, the direct supervision of Migration Health Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
The Programme Assistant is expected to
1. Keeps staff members informed of directives, reports, status updates and other relevant information, and brings sensitive and urgent matters to the Programme Manager’s attention.
2. Provide information and clarification to national team members on office management and propose improvements to administrative procedures.
3. Supervise health operation assistants to ensure that they carry out their duties properly and guide and advise them accordingly in the day-to-day administrative activities.
4. Liaise with common services units in Resource Management, including HR, Finance, Procurement, and ITC to coordinate the following functions for the Unit.
5. Coordinate with Iraq HR on various actions related to Staff recruitment and on-boarding, SES/Staff Evaluation.
6. Monitor the maintenance of staffing lists and registration of third-party contractors.
7. Provide information to third party contractors/consultants with respect to conditions of service, duties, and responsibilities in close coordination with Iraq HR.
8. Coordinate travel of management staff, including TAs, UN Travel Requests, UNDSS TRIPS, flights, hotel reservations, airport transfers and visas.
9. Coordinate and monitor asset management and general office maintenance needs.
10. Prepare procurement documentation and monitor procurement-related workflows in close coordination with Programme Coordinators
11. Assists the Programme Managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions and budget monitoring.
12. Assists in finalization of budget reports, analysing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
13. Perform any other function as assigned.
• University degree in business administration, social sciences or related filed from accredited academic institution with 4 years of relevant professional experience
• Completed High School degree from accredited academic institution with 6 years relevant professional experience.
• Previous experience with IOM is advantage
• Experience in Logistics and procurement procedures.
• Experience in Admin and HR procedures.
• Experience in working in an international organization is an advantage.