Communications Assistant (Photography and Videography), Erbil
Under the general guidance of the Head, Transition and Recover Division, the overall supervision of the Programme Support Officer and the direct supervision of the National Communications Officer in coordination with the IOM Iraq Public Information Unit, the successful candidate will be handling different communication tasks in line with the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Contribute to the development and implementation of TRD communication and visibility strategy.
2. Produce photographs and video clips for international and local audiences; demonstrate cultural awareness, social sensitivity and respect for privacy when interviewing and working with affected populations.
3. Ensure proper archiving for the audio-visual materials collected.
4. Maintain, update, and grow TRD social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. This includes creating engaging and impactful content and ensuring IOM’s messaging is brand-focused, timely and engaging.
5. Work with the National Communication Officer to develop IOM’s social media strategy to increase engagement with its followers, increase TRD visibility and seek out new ways of connecting with TRD’s audiences.
6. Help monitor and evaluate the impact of IOM’s digital work, in particular putting together analytics reports for our performance on social media
7. Create and edit communications products in English, Arabic and Kurdish in close cooperation with the National Communications Officer and relevant Programme staff.
8. Assist with the organization of any events, meetings, etc. in the context of programme activities and TRD’s external communications.
9. Graphically design communication materials for TRD according to IOM media and branding guidelines and with innovative approaches to enhance visibility and impact.
10. Initiate and support any administrative procedures required for TRD communication activities, in close coordination with the National Communication Officer.
11. Support the coordination of TRD communication materials with partners as relevant.
12. Undertake fields trips across the Iraqi provinces to collect the necessary content when required.
13. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, or any relevant field from an accredited academic university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in communications.
• Experience in photography, and videography.
• Creativity and strong video editing skills.
• Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Illustration, InDesign, Photoshop).
• Experience in content creation and social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
• Previous work experience with UN or other international NGOs is an advantage.
• Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is required.