Following the end of hostilities against ISIL, the work of the Return and Recovery Unit (RRU) within IOM Iraq is to improve the conditions for sustainable recovery across 15 governorates through rehabilitation of community infrastructure, livelihood assistance, community engagement, and other support aiming to facilitate sustainable solutions to the internal displacement crisis in Iraq.
Under general guidance of the Chief of Mission (COM), under overall supervision of Head of Returns and Recovery Units (RRU), under direct supervision of Programme Coordinator RRU, and in close coordination with Media & Communications Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting overall Public Information (PI) activities related to return and recovery and perform the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Draft, compile, design, format and disseminate information communications products for target audiences including press releases, media packets and reports, brochures, briefings, video clips, newsletters, templates, booklets websites and social media posts to share externally with beneficiaries and the general public, as well as, key government stakeholders, partners and IOM mailing lists;
2. In coordination with the Programme Manager (PM) develop Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) for RRU’s PI to guide its operations/activities. In addition to developing creative, measurable and reliable means of sharing and disseminating PI material through the IOM website, social media, official meetings, and direct distribution;
3. In coordination with the PM plan, organize, and facilitate events from conception to completion, including drafting budget and workplans, liaising with government to obtain support and clearance, developing ToRs for involved event-partners, managing on site logistics, directing technical services and evaluating event’s success;
4. Provide information and technical advice to RRU on communication issues in coordination with the mission’s Public Information Unit (PIU) and Programme Support Unit (PSU);
5. Monitor and participate in the development and maintenance of IOM Iraq’s DTM website, Iraq Recovery website, and EDF website in coordination with the Information Management Unit (IMU) and the Public Information Unit (PIU);
6. Attend field missions to provide PI coverage of field activities and collect human interest stories, photos and video clips;
7. Track and analyze media coverage of IOM and assigned topics/issues; gather information from diverse sources and help to assess news value and other potential impact, participate in evaluation of the effectiveness of information campaigns;
8. Guide, train and monitor team’s progress and assist in the recruitment of additional staff when necessary;
9. Conduct trainings for media focal points to enhance their skills in content creation (photography, videography, and story-writing) and raise awareness about IOM standards in public information and communication and ensure that they are trained in donor specific requirements when applicable, and best practices;
10. Verify appropriate disability inclusion and gender awareness in all IOM communications;
11. Perform such other duties as many be assigned.