Under the general guidance of the Head, Transition and Recovery Division, the overall supervision of the Senior Program Coordinator (Durable Solutions and Community Engagement), the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub office (HoSO), and the direct supervision of the CRC Programme Officer, the Referral Focal Point will perform the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Develop referral pathways with CRC area coverage.
2. Update and maintains contact with service providers and ensures to update the service mapping on a regular basis.
3. Conduct on a regular basis field visits jointly with the CRC teams within CRC area coverage.
4. Closely liaise with the CRC teams and other implementing partners, to ensure that complete and reliable information is collected to build and update the profile of the referred case.
5. Contribute to mapping of relevant government, humanitarian, recovery, and stabilization in CRC area coverage.
6. Facilitates CRC Administrator regular meetings with relevant government, humanitarian, recovery, and stabilization in CRC area coverage.
7. Participate in existing Clusters coordination forums at the governorate level.
8. Conduct timely and regular (daily) referrals of the cases, while maintaining a complete record (using CRC’s referral tracking tools) of all referred cases’ details and actions taken.
9. Conduct full and regular follow-up on the referred cases’ status, persons-in-charge, to understand whether the beneficiaries have effectively accessed relevant procedures and/or actually availed themselves of the needed service(s) and rights.
10. Contribute to development of the current referral tools and pathways.
11. Ensure the quality of the referrals.
12. Report in the appropriate documents the feedbacks, the assessments made by the teams and the needs in terms of referrals.
13. Follow-up and coordinate the internal referrals between the teams.
14. Participate in the field teams’ training about the data collection on the field.
15. Provide relevant analyses and reporting of the collected data according to the Project Officer and Project Manager’s requests.
16. Propose improvements of the follows up tools and assessment forms as needed.
17. Regularly analyze and report any obstacles, feasible solutions, concerns, and generate comprehensive lessons learnt to improve both the beneficiaries’ environment and the CRC’s teams’ dynamics, procedures, and practices.
18. Assist with any other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor(s).