Under the general guidance Protection Coordinator, the overall supervision of the Protection Officer, and the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Assistant the incumbent will be responsible for providing support to the activities of the mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Provide counselling services and information provision to returning migrants through a protection centered case management approach.
2. Identify protection needs and vulnerabilities of migrants and refer to specialized protection services in case of need.
3. Assist beneficiaries with economic reintegration by using the appropriate tool and methods by developing an individual reintegration plan and provide referrals in case of need to service providers.
4. Timely update data collection tools (MIMOSA) to track the status of implementation of each case.
5. Conduct monitoring visits (remote and/or in person) to assess status of reintegration according to IOM M&E framework and tools.
6. Maintain confidential beneficiaries’ files and information tracker according to IOM data confidentiality.
7. Procure and perform logistic activities according to IOM procedures and regulations to ensure provision of services and in-kind assistance.
8. Ensure gender and protection mainstreaming within all project activities.
9. Undertake duty travel as required.
10. Perform any of duties as may be assigned.