Under the general guidance of the Head, Transition and Recovery Division, the overall supervision of the Program Coordinator, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Team Leader, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support the implementation of all activities under the livelihood’s portfolio of the Transition and Recovery Division (TRD) as guided by the Team Leader, in line with livelihoods technical tools.
2. Participate in assessments including labor market assessments and supply chain mapping, under the guidance of the Team Leader, Field Project Officer and Program Coordinator.
3. Assist in the mapping of service providers for Vocational Training, On-Job-Training, Job Placement, and Farming Training as required.
4. Identify and coordinate with potential private companies for the implementation of job placements, and On-Job-Training.
5. Ensure appropriate selection of project beneficiaries by conducting interviews, registering, and profiling applicants using specific criteria.
6. Support IOM selected individuals by facilitating orientation meetings, business trainings, and/or one to- one counseling sessions as necessary and support them in the formulation of their business plans.
7. Travel to project sites on a regular basis to monitor individuals who have received IOM livelihoods assistance, ensure that activities are being carried out in accordance with livelihoods guidelines and provide guidance to the Team Leader in order to make necessary improvements or changes to livelihoods service delivery.
8. Ensure that all distributions of tools and equipment are monitored for both quality and quantity and that relationship management with vendors is maintained in project locations.
9. Organize and conduct satisfaction and feedback surveys in order to improve future livelihoods projects.
10. In coordination with the Team Leader, coordinate with the relevant government authorities, business associations and private sector companies to implement IOM’s livelihoods projects.
11. Monitor achievements in accordance with work plans and report progress to the Livelihoods Team and Team Leader to improve delivery of livelihoods assistance.
12. Coordinate with field staff and the Information Management (IM) unit to maintain up-to-date and accurate beneficiary data in the IOM Portal.
13. Provide support as required for the implementation of other elements of field team activity including those related to community engagement and engineering.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
15. This position is stationed in Suly covering Suly Governorate and might occasionally entail some travels on duty (TDYs) to other TRD North -East locations (Diyala, Kirkuk, Erbil).