IOM is a major actor in post-conflict recovery and reconstruction, and as such is heavily involved in livelihood development and job creation programming. IOM’s strengths lie in its field presence around the country and operational capacity to rebuild community infrastructure, conduct vocational and other trainings, providing grant funding at local level to support business development and a variety of other areas key to recovery.
Under the general guidance of the Head, Transition and Recovery Division, the overall supervision of the National Operations Officer, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the TRD Team Leader in close coordination with the Senior Community Engagement Assistant. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting programs related to Transition and Recovery Division within the area of responsibility as below.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Lead the roll out of community engagement and resilience building activities tied to endorsed area based community plans.
2. Mapping of community assets including the management and mobilization of human assets identified.
3. Ensure community participatory feedback mechanisms and accountability to affected populations during project planning, implementation, and closure.
4. Leads the application of community-based standards, operational procedures and practices at the field level.
5. interlocutor with government counterparts at local levels, partners and technical leads to develop and implement integrated strategies that address key priorities.
6. Leads the roll out of assessment and planning community consultative activities and ensure the consolidation of information to relay back to operations team.
7. Provide field-based reporting related to C.E activities.
8. ln coordination with Senior Community Engagement Assistant and Team Leader, responsible for the roll out of outreach and awareness raising activities. And mobilization and support in the identification of livelihood beneficiaries.
9. Coordination with CRC C.E colleagues during community-based CRC activities.
10. Support the roll out of the Youth Civic Engagement pilot aimed at building youth engagement in community self-management through the development of Youth Councils in select areas.
11. Coordinate with respective governmental interagency/ and NGO counterparts to ensure the roll out of community-based activities.
12. Develop creative engagement approaches for affected populations including youth, providing resilience building opportunities in a wide range of activities and programs which influence their civic engagement capacity and encourages social and leadership development in the form of information, participation, & advocacy.
13. Support platforms aimed at strengthening dialogue between youth and relevant governmental stakeholders and local officials.
14. Support the roll out of Youth community plans, where youth participate in responding to community needs identified.
15. Schedule activities, facilitate youth mobilization, organize youth coaching and mentoring sessions in ways that allow for a transfer of skills and facilitate peer to peer knowledge generation.
16. Advocate with young people and their key stakeholders, organizing awareness raising and sensitization activities to facilitate information dissemination on issues related to youth and to promote community awareness on young people's contribution to community development and resource management.
17. Support in the mapping of assets & community networks/ CBOs/ & CSO and assist in the identification, training, and supervision of Youth Council members.
18. Provide support as required for the implementation of other elements of field team activity including those related to livelihoods and engineering.
19. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.