Under the overall guidance of the COM, under overall supervision Project Manager for Family Assistance Programme (FAP) and the direct supervision of the National Project Officer in Erbil, the successful candidate will be based in Erbil and will be accountable and responsible for assisting the streamlining of applicant case processing and guiding Syrian family members on the German Family Reunification (FR) visa application process, which includes how to correctly complete the required forms and supporting documentation checklists.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Take responsibility for the day-to-day assistance to beneficiaries in the FAP Centre;
2. Always provide excellent migrant service to applicants, in full compliance with the Service Standards;
3. Assist and guide migrants in the completion of the online visa application form as per checklists, conduct completeness checks on all documentation and collect, when required, biometric information;
4. Complete questionnaires on behalf of applicants while ensuring accuracy of the information and verifying the consistency of the information in the questionnaires with the documentation provided;
5. Provide migrants with accurate information in a timely manner and distribute information sheets, Integration Handbook and visa requirement checklists; assisting with telephone and e-mail inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications); and informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures;
6. Organize the files of the applicants in the required order based on the instructions of the German Consular staff in IOM-designated folders for applicants to submit to the Consulate, and in full compliance with the IOM Service Standards;
7. Maintain high level of accuracy of data capture, by ensuring that the information collected and recorded in the case management system are correct, complete and updated at all time;
8. Answer questions and provide remote guidance on form completion, visa requirements and general information to families and principle applicants;
9. Schedule appointments while ensuring appointment system for applicants in FAP is operated effectively;
10. Maintain records of all applications and contact with principle applicants and report these records periodically in a timely manner;
11. Inform management of any problems or issues immediately while regularly suggesting how to improve efficiency and service;
12. Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data; and,
13. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
• University degree from an accredited academic institution in with minimum 2 years of relevant professional experiences; or
• Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with minimum 4 years of relevant professional experiences.
Experience & Skills
• Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity preferred; Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
• Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage.