IOM is a major actor in post-conflict recovery and reconstruction, and as such is heavily involved in livelihoods development and job creation programmers. IOM’s strengths lie in its field presence around the country and operational capacity to rebuild community infrastructure, conduct vocational and other trainings, providing grant funding at local level to support business development and a variety of other areas key to recovery.
Under the general guidance of the Head, Transition and Recovery Division, the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator (Economic Recovery, Development and Livelihoods), and the direct supervision of the Livelihoods Project Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting programmes related to Livelihoods, and in particular the Enterprise Development Fund (EDF), under the area of responsibility.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. In coordination with the National livelihoods officer, conduct quality control and quality assurance (QA/QC) on the Enterprise Development Fund (EDF) data including expression of interests, business plans, milestone verifications and other related forms. Ensure that all the hardcopies submitted by the business owners are entered correctly into the Information Management System (IMS).
2. Conduct Milestone Verifications, both through the IMS and through physical visits, to verify the conditions of the milestones as stipulated in the EDF contracts are met, including but not limited to checking the price and model of purchased assets, checking the receipts, checking the suppliers, checking the workers’ IDs and contracts.
3. Act as the focal point in conducting referrals with partner organizations, stakeholders, and EDF businesses.
4. In coordination with the Senior Livelihoods Technical Assistants, support in updating the tools in the IMS system for all relevant staff.
5. Assist in carrying out spot-check visits and assessments to project implementation sites to collect data on progress in achieving targets outlined in project documents.
6. Travel to project sites to monitor milestone status, conduct spot check visits and follow up with the activities under livelihoods portfolio, when needed, and ensure that activities are being carried out in accordance with livelihoods guidelines.
7. Under the supervision of the Livelihoods Project Officer and in coordination with Senior Livelihoods Technical Assistants, work closely with team leaders and operations field teams to ensure that the activities of the TRD and are on track.
8. In coordination with the Senior Livelihood Technical Assistant, create a second layer of information verification post data entry to ensure consistency of information and provide regular reports on data quality on EDF tools and activities and all other tools developed by the livelihood’s unit, provide regular trainings to address the identified gabs and improve data collection.
9. In coordination with Senior livelihood Technical Assistant monitor, compile and submit regular progress reports including but not limited to the Labor Market assessments, EDF tools and activities and all other tools developed by the livelihood’s unit.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Management, Finance, Social Sciences, or any related field from an accredited academic institution.
Experience and Skills:
At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
Demonstrated proficiency with Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, word as well as good knowledge working with databases and online applications.
Experience in social projects/livelihoods/community stabilization and experience with international organization is an advantage.
Previous working experience with NGOs, international organizations, health institution or a finance/administration office would be a distinct advantage.
Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is required.
Working knowledge of any other language is an advantage.