Community Engagement Technical Advisor, Erbil, Sulaymaniyah, Kirkuk or Diyala
Context and Reporting line:
Under the general guidance of the Head, Transition and Recovery Division, the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator (Durable Solution & Community Engagement), and the direct supervision of the National Community Engagement Officer, the Community Engagement Technical Adviser is responsible for supporting roll out of community engagement related activities the on the ground across the
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. In line with regional work plans and team structures, provide on the ground technical support to returns and community engagement related interventions in Anbar.
2. Liaise with UN agencies and NGO partners in the field to encourage coordination and partner capacity building.
3. Support the roll out of tools related to operations in camps and in areas of origin to ensure the quality controlled implementation of multi-sectoral programming including shelter, protection, livelihood, and infrastructure interventions.
4. Ensure staff capacity building, developing material and field plans to ensure quality control.
5. Liaise with government officials, local authorities, and community leadership structures to support field teams in the implementation of community engagement activities.
6. Coordinate closely with operational team to undertake field visits, quality control, and conduct technical assistance missions.
7. Support in the technical capacity building of field staff and ensures C.E and durable solutions related technical standards where needed.
8. Support the roll out of tools and be in close coordination with Community Engagement Technical Core team to address challenges and bottlenecks.
9. Handle the consolidation of activity related information to compile information and develop technical field reports to support information shared with reporting and M&E colleagues.
10. Coordinate closely with National Community Engagement Field Officer to undertake field visits and conduct technical assistance missions.
11. Act as the Community Engagement field focal point for other units within the mission including CWC, Community Policing, and CSU to support in intermission community engagement related activities.
12. Support remote activity monitoring utilizing systems and tools developed.
13. Through relationships with affected populations and network of partners stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on programming, whilst remaining fully informed about community structures and power dynamics within respective communities through the development of strong links with communities and relevant stakeholders.
14. Ensure that the perspectives, capacities, needs and resources of the communities are reflected in the roll out of strategies and implementation plans.
15. Lead the field monitoring, backstopping, and assessing the technical implementation of Community Engagement related activities on the ground.
16. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Management, Social Sciences, or any related field from an accredited academic university or institute. Experience and Skills:
Minimum 5years of relevant experience in social projects /community engagement/ durable solutions and experience with an international organization is an advantage.
Demonstrated proficiency with Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, and word as well as good knowledge of working with databases and online applications.
Previous working experience with NGOs, international organizations, and an administration office would be a distinct advantage. Languages:
Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is required.