Under the general guidance of the Programme Coordinator (Peacebuilding and Stabilization), the overall supervision of the National Programme Officer, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO), and the direct supervision of the Area Coordinator, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Support in collecting data & identifying the vulnerable beneficiaries and trainers.
2. Supporting the implementation of activities and training.
3. Visit host and returnee communities and gather accurate information on their number, location, background, and other basic data as requested.
4. Support the community mapping and conflict training activities.
5. Facilitating meetings with local youth networks and other actors.
6. Facilitate icebreakers, energizers, and structured training.
7. Lead the announcement of activities and public events.
8. Develop a weekly plan along with the staff.
9. Participate effectively in internal coordination meetings.
10. Provide feedback and suggestions to the Area Coordinator.
11. Provide logistic support for beneficiaries, trainers, and staff when needed.
12. Documenting activities with pictures and notes.
13. Coordination with the local community for joint activities and cooperation.
14. Facilitate roundtable discussions with participants in IOM training and IOM staff for the review and validation of the training content.
15. Deliver reports at the end of each activity with recommendations.
16. Ensure that confidentiality and the right to privacy are maintained with regard to confidential information.
17. Perform any other duties assigned by superiors.
Diploma or completed high school degree from an accredited institution.
Experience and Skills:
Minimum 2 years of experience working in the humanitarian or development sector, of which at least 1 year involves mental health, psychosocial support, social cohesion, and capacity-building programs.
Experience in communicating and working with the local community including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
appropriate field experience, with excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required.