Closing date28 May 2023
Case Worker - Kirkuk
Under the general guidance of the Head, Peacebuilding and Stabilization Division, the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator (Legal Adviser), the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Senior Technical Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the implementation of all aspects of legal assistance, with specific focus on Women Legal Counseling services to female beneficiaries. The candidate will perform the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Work with relevant PSD staff to update, , and enhance the case-management system related to the project beneficiaries and objectives.
2. Assist in developing and maintaining a case-management data tracker for all beneficiaries identified during the project.
3. Assist in compiling and creating case reports and summaries using tracking tools and reporting templates.
4. Coordinate with relevant staff from IOM on legal assistance-related issues, including support in drafting forms, templates, and procedures.
5. Support in conducting awareness-raising sessions for IDPs and community members especially women on legal issues, including civil documentation, HLP, family law and Gender Equality.
6. Support in coordinating and liaising with local authorities, stakeholders, and community leaders who will be relevant to the project.
7. Support the Legal Assistant and Legal Team Leader in conducting training on civil documentation, HLP, and family law for IDPs, community- members, and stakeholders.
8. Work with IOM teams and other protection, MHPSS, and legal partners on mechanisms for collecting information and data related to cases identified during the project.
9. Support the Legal Assistant as needed in providing legal information to individuals identified during the project on civil documentation, HLP, and family law.
10. Undertake duty travel as needed to participate in any activities related to PSD.
11. Perform other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in information management, business, humanities and administration, or any related field from an accredited academic university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience.
Experience in developing and maintaining case-management systems.
Computer literacy with specific proficiency in Microsoft applications.
Experience of working with clients to solve problems.
Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of actors, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds, government and authorities, humanitarian actors (UN agencies and NGOs).
Experience working in development or humanitarian programming (specifically in International or
National NGO/UN) is an asset.
Reliable, efficient, high level of professionalism, and organizational skills.
Good analytical skills for financial data, strong sense of details and accuracy.
Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is required.
Knowledge of Turkish is an advantage.