Under the general guidance of the Senior Operations Coordinator (Ret&Recov), the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Team Leader in close coordination with the Regional Advisor- Community Engagement, the Community Engagement Assistant will be responsible for the field implementation of IOM TRD community engagement activities including those related to Civil Society Organizations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Contribute to leading the roll out of community engagement and resilience building activities tied to endorsed area- based community plans.
2. Map community assets including the management and mobilization of human assets identified.
3. Support community participatory feedback mechanisms and accountability to affected populations, during project planning, implementation, and closure.
4. Supports the Senior Community Engagement Assistant in the application of communitybased standards, operational procedures, and practices at the field level.
5. Support coordination with government counterparts at local levels, partners, and technical leads to develop and implement integrated strategies that address key priorities.
6. Participate in the roll out of assessment and planning community consultative activities and consolidate of information to relay back to operations team.
7. Provide field-based reporting related to community engagement activities.
8. Under the guidance of Team Leader and close support of Senior Community Engagement Assistant, roll out of outreach and awareness raising activities.
9. Support the Senior Community Engagement Assistant in the establishment of platforms aimed at strengthening dialogue between youth and relevant governmental stakeholders and local officials.
10. Schedule activities, facilitate youth mobilization, organize youth coaching and mentoring sessions in ways that allow for a transfer of skills and facilitate peer to peer knowledge generation.
11. Advocate with young people and their key stakeholders, organizing awareness raising and sensitization activities to facilitate information dissemination on issues related to youth and to promote community awareness on young people’s contribution to community development and resource management.
12. Support in the mapping of assets & community networks/ CBOs/ & CSO and assist in the identification, training, and supervision of Youth Council members.
13. Provide support as required for the implementation of other elements of field team activity including those related to livelihoods and engineering.
14. Any additional duties related to other thematic areas where team support may be needed.