Project Assistant (MHPSS Social Worker) - Duhok (Bajd Kandala camp)
Under the general guidance of the Programme Coordinator (MHPSS), the overall supervision of the National MHPSS Officer, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) , and the direct supervision of the Senior MHPSS Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the MHPSS activities by performing the following functions and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Participate in the continuous needs assessment component of the MHPSS services, facilitating group discussions in the communities targeted under the project, and delivering written reports based on that input.
2. Participate in the development and implementation of activity plans in close collaboration with the Senior MHPSS Integration Assistant.
3. Provide basic individual counseling to beneficiaries as needed.
4. Refer beneficiaries to other service providers as needed.
5. Prepare and conduct peer support groups, focus group discussions, and MHPSS awareness-raising sessions.
6. Offer Psychosocial First Aid (PFA) and emotional support to families in case of sudden or ongoing emergencies.
7. Ensure that hardcopy and electronic information systems are maintained, especially the important notes related to key monitoring and implementation.
8. Perform any other duties as assigned by the line supervisor.