Under the general guidance of the Protection Coordinator, the overall supervision of the Protection Officer, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the National Protection Officer, the candidate will support in the implementation of the project “Supporting the Return of Displaced Population in Ninewa Plains and West Ninewa Programme” and perform the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Support in the implementation of the “Supporting the Return of Displaced Population in Ninewa Plains and West Ninewa Programme” by identifying and providing case management support to potential vulnerable Iraqis that may be considered beneficiaries of the project.
2. Support the implementation of protection activities, including assistance to vulnerable individuals, and counter-trafficking case management. Core activities include, but are not limited to case management including counselling, referrals to protection services and support through legal proceedings, provision of information, and return and reintegration support.
3. Identify protection needs and gaps of Iraqis in vulnerable situations and coordinate a timely and safe referral to specialized protection services in case of need; Support in pre-departure counselling and assistance as well as return travels in coordination with receiving missions.
4. Support the identification and analysis of protection issues and trends.
5. Asses the needs of victims of trafficking and individuals with GBV concerns and support them in planning for safety, following internal operating procedures and protocols, designed according to the IOM Iraq SoPs and global IOM GBViC and TIP frameworks.
6. Maintain and update electronic databases and records for each client and keep detailed notes of all direct casework activities.
7. Support in conducting monitoring and evaluation activities.
8. Support mainstreaming of gender and protection during the implementation of protection activities.
9. Undertake duty travel as required.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the programme management.