National Project Officer (Durable Solutions) - Erbil
The Transition and Recovery Division (TRD) within IOM Iraq works to remove the initial obstacles to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) return, relocation and reintegration in Iraq’s post-conflict areas and lay the foundation for longer-term recovery, economic development and reconstruction in general.
Under overall supervision of Head of Transition and Recovery Division (TRD), and direct supervision to the Durable Solutions Program Coordinator and in close collaboration with Team leaders and Field Officers in the governorates, the Durable Solutions National Officer is responsible for supporting the implementation on the ground of all activities related to the durable solutions interventions in areas of displacement and in areas of return or relocation.
The position is based in Erbil office, with at least 60% of time spent roving across governorates based on operational needs.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Lead the adaptation and operationalization of methodologies and tools to lay the ground for durable solutions related interventions and ensure coherence in the implementation across all regions;
2. Coordinate the roll out and monitor the implementation of standards and procedures, for the return, relocation, and local integration programming;
3. Train and mentor field operation teams in preparation of and during the implementation of return and other durable solution programme activities in order to ensure proper use of relevant tools and approaches and promote coherence across different regions and operations;
4. Assist in the development and implementation of all operational activities by providing technical guidance to operations teams in selected areas across the country;
5. Ensure a presence in field locations when durable solutions programme interventions are being implemented, as for example during return movements, in areas of origin following return movements to ensure the necessary follow up, montoring and service provisions takes place in line with technical standards;
6. When on deployment in specific field locations, meet with staff and local authorities as required to develop a solid understanding of issues and challenges in each region, and to ensure a timely implementation of activities in line with standards of quality;
7. Review and analyze reports on return areas, and make visits to said areas, to conduct assessments, support and monitor activity implementation based on dispalcement and trends in progress to durable solutions;
8. Liaise with other divisions within IOM and with other organizations, externally, to enable multi-sectoral service provision and comprehensive assistance to be provided to beneficiaries of durable solutions interventions;
9. Collaborate with gender, CWC and AAP teams to ensure that all durable solutions programme activities ensure appropriate and relevant CWC approaches, full respect of AAP principles and ensure gender mainstreaming;
10. Plan and manage data collection, analysis and reporting processes for the reintegration monitoring through coordination and management of relevant staff; and ensure findings are disseminated among relevant stakeholders and are used to improve programme delivery.
Coordination on Durable Solutions
11. On behalf of IOM co-chair the Sinjar Area-based coordination group and participate in relevant DS coordination fora to ensure IOM’s activities and positions are represented and that coordination is effectively enabled.
12. Facilitate the participation of affected population and local civil society to programme design and to Durable Solutions coordination spaces.
13. Liaise and coordinate with local authorities to enable the implementation of the IOM Duable Solutions programme, including through advocating for the respect of the rights of communities affected by displacement and compliance with international principles related to durable solutions.
14. Manage the Durbale Solutions Area Coordinator and relevant staff or consultants responsible for implementation of components of the DS programme.