Under overall supervision of Head of Transition and Recovery Division (TRD), and the direct supervision of the Research Officer, the incumbent will support the IOM Research team in the implementation of on-going and upcoming research activities, mainly in coordinating its data collection component.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support the coordination of data collection activities of the research field teams’ across the country and resolve challenges and issues faced by the teams in their operations.
2. Monitor the implementation of the data collection, data cleaning, translation and data quality process of different research studies and update the team’s workplan in close coordination of the research team leaders.
3. Support on the development of data collection plans, team activities and monitoring cost expenditure within the team.
4. Provide technical guidance to the field teams in the timely and methodologically correct implementation of quantitative and qualitative research in geographical areas covered by the research field teams
5. Assist in the timely implementation of the preparation of ODK and Kobo forms, as well as data cleaning procedures by the research assistants and finalizing in a timely manner according to project timelines.
6. Coordinate the organization of trainings, workshops, meetings and other studies related activities in terms of logistical and operational support such as travel and hotel arrangements, as well as conference hall booking and arrangements are arranged in a timely manner by the research assistants.
7. Liaise with IOM access team to ensure the research field teams have smooth access to collect across their governorates of coverage in central, south and north west regions.
8. Assist the research officer to liaise with other IOM units requesting the support of the field researchers for quantitative and qualitative data collection exercise.
9. In direct collaboration with the research team leaders, liaise with other IOM offices to conduct field work in different locations in Iraq.
10. Coordinate with other IOM staff members on administration, financial, logistics and operational matters in support of programme activities.
11. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.