Context and Reporting Line:
Under the general guidance of the Head, Peacebuilding and Stabilization Division, the overall supervision of the MHPSS Programme Coordinator and the Programme Officer (MHPSS) , the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the MHPSS National Officer in close coordination with the Protection Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing MHPSS services provided to migrants in vulnerable situations including returning migrants and victims of trafficking. Due to increased MHPSS needs among migrants and specifically returning migrants in Iraq, IOM is strengthening MHPSS assistance into migrant protection activities and interventions. The person in the advertised role oversees the MHPSS aspects and responds to the MHPSS needs of cases referred to the MHPSS programme.
The person manages the day-to-day operations related to MHPSS activities in close coordination with Protection Teams, coordinating the implementation of integrated MHPSS/Protection activities in Sulaymaniyah by performing the following functions and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Provision of MHPSS case management services (specialized, focused structured and community and family support) to target service recipients in the areas of responsibility.
2. Conduct intake assessment, obtaining clinical history taking and registration of client’s information. Provide psychological consultations to recipients in need of specialized levels of MHPSS support and develop comprehensive care plans, integrating referrals to other services.
3. Based on the identification of client priorities, develop and intervention plan that involves a multidisciplinary collaboration with the team psychiatrist, the MHPSS national officer and Protection Team.
4. Assist the MHPSS programme to identify strategies to promote psychosocial support at governorate level and assist in developing operational plans to enhance access to the programme’s psychosocial services that are connected with Protection activities including Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR).
5. Assist in MHPSS needs assessments and research activities through conducting interviews and data collection to align the programme activities with the community’s needs and preferences.
6. Supervise individual and group activities.
7. Establish and maintain service mapping and referral pathways in the area of responsibility.
8. Provide psychosocial fist aid and emotional support to the affected population.
9. Organize community and awareness activities for target beneficiaries and their families and contribute to public messaging on mental health.
10. Actively participate in and contribute to clinical supervision meetings.
11. Support the maintenance of project documentation and information, including the preparation of Arabic and English translations of technical documents.
12. Ensure that confidentiality and the right to privacy is maintained regarding confidential beneficiary and project information.
13. Adhere to IOM reporting rules and ensure that hardcopy and electronic information systems are maintained, particularly the important notes of all key monitoring, implementation, and coordination activities.
14. Provide training sessions to IOM staff and partner organizations staff to build MHPSS capacity
15. Respond to requests from the Protection team, coordinated with the MHPSS programme or national officer, perform other duties as may be assigned by the MHPSS Programme Coordinator, MHPSS national officer or Protection officer based on the scope of this ToR.
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or any related field from an accredited academic university or institute. Experience and Skills:
Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the humanitarian or development sector, of which at least 2 year involves mental health, psychosocial support.
Strong communication skills and experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people including people of culturally diverse backgrounds is required.
Experience in programme coordination is a strong advantage.
Experience in Protection programming work is an advantage. Languages:
Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is required.